exausth remus v2 f55 in f56

• Hello friends, hoping someone can help me, I have a mini cooper s 2014 f56, they offer me a remus v2 for sale, a friend at a good price but it is f55, I know it is somewhat longer in some parts, but I do not know if it could do something to leave it the same as remus f56 or if it is a lot of work? I tried to get the measurements on the remus page of the escape remus v2 f55 and f56 to buy and see where the exact differences are and leave it exactly the same as f56 remus but can't find, could someone help me?

I leave an image of f55 on the left and f56 on the right and the differences that I can see in the images.

Thank you advanced.

• HI,

I can't help you directly but I have a Remus exhaust system on my F56 Cooper. It uses the same front muffler (or straight pipe for deleting that) than the S or JCW model (for installing it on a Cooper you need a "A8" spacer to fit it on the smaller diameter at the downpipe/cat).
    For installing this exhaust (should be the same pipes for all versions) on a F55 you always need a spacer "E8 distance tube" to balance the longer length of the car and the exhaust piping. Most probably this will be the case as well for the system you have in front of you now: F56 + E8-spacer = F55. Means that it should fit on your F56 without the spacer.

But why don't you give a call to the Remus technical hotline (Tel: +43 3142 6900 - 0)? They have super nice people and you may just ask your question and get an useful answer that way.

Cheers

Axel

BTW: don't compare the dimensions with the OEM system as the whole size, the length of tubes as well as the position of the joints and mufflers is totally different!

:2352: "Life's too short to drive a boring car"

• Here is a picture of the OEM next to the Remus front muffler that fits to One, Cooper and Cooper S both F56 and F55 and needs this E8-distance tube. This also applies to the front muffler deleter tube which seems to be with your Remus V2...

IMG_2220.jpg

:2352: "Life's too short to drive a boring car"

• Here is a picture of the OEM next to the Remus front muffler that fits to One, Cooper and Cooper S both F56 and F55 and needs this E8-distance tube. This also applies to the front muffler deleter tube which seems to be with your Remus V2...

What you say has nothing to do with the exhaust I have bought, mine has no intermediate silence, did you see the images? I can't call remus because I don't understand the language :( send an email but they can't help me with measurements since they don't have them.

thanks mate!

• Hi,

i took a closer look on your pictures @r0b3r. On the left picture you can see that the muffler admission is on the right bottom. If you turn arround the right picture you can see that the Muffler admission is on the left bottom. So I can't see an easy opportunity to fit it to an F56 without welding