MINI Gewährleistung NEWS: 2+1 Jahre - für neue MINI Automobile in Deutschland

• Wurden im Nachgang dieser Ausweitung der Gewährleistung die Garantiebedingungen und Garantieleistungen angepasst? Man kann solche doch abschließen beim Händler, richtig?

Man kann beim Händler eine Neuwagenanschluss Garantie abschließen sofern der das anbietet. Aber auch nur dort wo der MINI gekauft wurde.

MINI Cooper R50 05-07,MINI ONE R56 07-08, MINI Cooper S R56 08-15, MINI JCW R56 15-19, JCW R57 19-...

• Hi everyone,

First of all, I would like to apologize as my command of german is not that good. Therefore I will explain everything in english.

I bought a Mini SD cooper( brilliant car by the way) in Munich in March 2018. This car benefits from a 2+1 warranty as it was produced in december 2016. I have the document ( MINI Qualitätsbrief) stamped with the last 7 digits of my VIN number that attests it.

I live in France and therefore exported the car to my home country. It says in the Mini Qualitätsbrief that the one-year warranty extension is valid all over Europe ( at least in the European Union). Nevertheless, when I phoned Mini France, they told me that that extension did not show in their database and that the car is registered in their system with that VIN number as under warranty for 2 years only. I also called a Mini dealer in France and they told me the same thing.

Has anyone an explanation about that? How to make sure that in case I do have a technical problem with the car in the third year, it is covered by that one-year extension as it should do.

The same applies to german tourists spending their holiday in France for example . As it is not recognized in the French dealer system, they might have a hard time trying to explain that the car is still under warranty after the initial 2 years. Of course they can still phone Mini Germany to try and sort it out. However in my case , how to enforce that third year warranty as it would seem a bit complicated for me to have to resolve the matter with Mini Germany?

If somebody has an answer, could they please help me.

Many thanks.
    Best regards
    Vincent

• @vincenzo44

How far is it from you at home to the next German MINI dealer with workshop?

In addition, I will ask next week my dealer, if the 3-year warranty applies only to Germany. But I do not think so: I bought an extension of the MINI warranty last week. There is also described in detail what is to do in the warranty case in other EU countries.

If you want, send me your VIN as a personal message to check with my dealer.

(translated with the help of google :whistling: )

• Thank you so much for your quick answer, Mini-Checker, it is very kind of you.

To answer your question, I live in Evian near the Swiss border, therefore Germany is about 450 kms away from me.(Munich where I bought the car is 550 kms away).

I will give you my VIN in a private message and again thank you very much for taking the time to check my problem with your Mini dealer, it is great.

Have a nice week.
    Vincent

• .... Morgen checken wir von deutscher Seite aus, was im System unter dem Punkt Gewährleistung hinterlegt ist. Leider haben die Computer in dem Punkt heute gestreikt.

Außerdem: Ich habe wegen Vincent @vincenzo44 Anliegen bei meinen Unterlagen nachgeschaut - kurze Version: Gewährleistung wird EU-weit gewährt; nach Kostenfreigabe aus München!!! So entnehme ich es meinen Unterlagen.

• Sorry I'm not too sure I have understood the second part of your post :

'' nach Kostenfreigabe aus München!!! So entnehme ich es meinen Unterlagen.''

Google translation is not always perfect ^^ . Sorry about that

Does it mean there is something I still have to pay for the warranty to be valid in the system ?

Thank you again

• Sorry I'm not too sure I have understood the second part of your post :

'' nach Kostenfreigabe aus München!!! So entnehme ich es meinen Unterlagen.''

I've read in my documents:
    1. In case of warranty your workshop must communicate with Munich (or another BMW headquarters in France?).
    2. Munich must approve the repairs.
    3. If Munich approves the costs, the workshop can start with the work. The invoice for the warranty work goes to Munich.

Does it mean there is something I still have to pay for the warranty to be valid in the system ?

According to my dealer, your car has warranty until January 2020 - see details in my personal message.

(Sponsored by Google Translate :whistling: )