F56 MINI Cooper S - ECU tune to 292 BHP / 392 NM

• On their website, they give the JCW the same power, and seems to state it is same engine as the S?
    How can they provide tuning for a car not yet existing? Or do they know something we do not know, S and JCW will not have same engine?

• If the S and the JCW has the same engine with only different programming, then it is real BINGO for us S owners.
    Anyone knows if there are part diagrams for the 231hp engine out yet, that can be compared to the 192hp-version.

• S and JCW same engine, with only different ECU Software :thumbup:

BR Performance: I've known him for years, used their Software in differnt vehicles.
    I look forward to implement the SD software after the warranty has passed (220hp, 440NM) :thumbsup:

• Guys, had a interresting chat this weekend with someone which has definatly a lot of tuning expirience for sure! He told me that the B48 engine give up at round about 330 HP (Piston and connecting rod). If this is true then I strongly believe that there is not a big diffrence between the standard S anf the JCW, if there is any at all... But for BMW it is the ice on the cake to make money, why not...
    I am getting my S soon and he will definatly see 240 HP at least and I will not wait until the guarantee expires ;-).
    I strongly believe that the B48 is a excellent modern state of the art turbo engine made in germany, with a lot of room for improvement!
    And is this not nice for all of us freaks ;)

• Do you know this for sure?

I would say that a lot of crap is posted here recently. I hate this type of contribution to a community/forum.

It´s a totally different statement if somebody writes that he "assumes" no significant change in the engine or he states there is no difference without any evidence or source.

@MiniSD and Janosch: based on which information you wrote that there is no difference in hardware between the S and JCW?

Beside turbomo, who already mentioned that he has seen different hardware in internal pictures, I would refer to following site...

The JCW uses a development of the 2.0-litre turbocharged unit found in the Cooper S. In that application it develops 189bhp at 4700rpm and 221lb ft of torque from 1250rpm.

Reworked pistons, a new turbocharger and higher-flow exhaust boost these figures to 228bhp at 5200-6000rpm, and 236lb ft in a plateau between 1250-4800rpm. In turn, this drops the 0-62mph sprint from 6.8 to 6.3sec for the manual JCW, while top speed climbs 6mph to 152mph.

http://www.evo.co.uk/mini/coop…rks-what-s-the-difference

More hardware differences as I would expect for only 39 PS more power. Therefore, I disagree and claim that we will see many differences between the Cooper S and JCW.

• Modified pistons to change the compression-ratio, larger turbo, and an additional cooler is what I have read about. That is why I was surprised by the BR-performance website saying JCW has the same engine as S.
    Gearbox and clutch might also be different, I think. Especially because the manual JCW production is delayed.