Oil Consumption

• Hi

First: sorry, this isn't a German post, I can only write it down in English.

My JCW just had 44K km's. On 23K km's he got his first oil change at the garage. Now I have to change oil again (indicated by the BC). The oil level is just between 'MIN' en MAX'. Is it normal it used this much oil?

Ps. Usage: 9,5 l / 100 km and JCW Pro Exhaust system.

Thanks in advance!

• Your parameters are very similar to my JCW. Depending on how much oil they filled in after the initial oil change (fully max?), everything is absolutely within the limits...

Kind regards,

Alex

• Your parameters are very similar to my JCW. Depending on how much oil they filled in after the initial oil change (fully max?), everything is absolutely within the limits...

Kind regards,

Alex

Thanks for the quick answer! They filled up the oil to the max.

For me it's strange, because I've never read it before, and till 20K km it had no oil consumption.

• They filled up the oil to the max.

You never know exactly...

For me it's strange, because I've never read it before, and till 20K km it had no oil consumption.

Most of the measuring devices are not 100% accurate - also in my Porsche Carrera - quarter liter deltas may occur, also depending on oil temp, small differences in the car's level position etc.

No worry.

• Our F56 JCW with about 52000km had the first oil change at 30000km, it was still on MAX.
    We regulary checked the level and it was always on the MAX
    However when i checked 500km ago the level was on 75% between MIN and MAX,
    that will mean that 250ml is gone.
    That is almost nothing and i didn't fill it up yet, i repeat to measure again one of these days and then fill it up when it is half the way MIN and MAX. That is 0,5liter.
    I think you don't have to worry about the oil consumption, 0,5l/20000km is very less.
    Only fill it up in time with the right oil.

And what Willi writes, the car must be on a 100% flatt floar.

• You never know exactly...

Most of the measuring devices are not 100% accurate - also in my Porsche Carrera - quarter liter deltas may occur, also depending on oil temp, small differences in the car's level position etc.
    No worry.

Thanks for al these answers! It makes me back more relax.

@Niekcarfreak: I've just had the same! First 3/4 and then 2/4.

• I also think its no big deal.
    My old R56 burned 1L oil every 3000km!! (The manual was speaking of up to 1L each 1000km as normal! crazy!)

Ich muss nichts kompensieren. Ich fahre einen MINI.