CODING the F56 MINI - Can someone help me?

• Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me with which changes are needed in esys to achieve the following??

1) remove fog lights
    2) rear lights active with DRL

3) which is more complicated....... see below:

I am in the process of fitting the bumper from the John Cooper Works car to my Cooper S.

The bumper is different in so much as the fog light assembly (which also contains the sidelights) is deleted and replaced with honeycomb grilles

The headlights on my car are LED headlights with an incorporated DRL LED 'horseshoe' ring. This headlight is also stock on the JCW car however, unlike the Cooper S it uses this DRL ring as its sidelights instead of the separate unit in the lower bumper like on the Cooper S.

Anyway without complicating things any further...currently this is the sequence associated with the headlight switch on the car as it stands:

1) headlight position switched to 'off' = LED DRL in headlight ON / rear lights OFF
    2) headlight position switched to 'sidelight' = LED DRL in headlight OFF / LED sidelight in bumper ON / rear lights ON
    3) headlight position switched to 'on' = LED DRL in headlight ON [with reduced brightness] / LED sidelight in bumper ON / LED dipped beam ON / rear lights ON

What I want to happen is for the car to replicate the JCW in terms of lighting which would be:

1) headlight position switched to 'off' = LED DRL in headlight ON / rear lights OFF
    2) headlight position switched to 'sidelight' = LED DRL in headlight ON / rear lights ON

So in basic terms, I want my car to use the LED DRL's [which are built into the headlight] as the side lights, since my Cooper S will no longer have the fogs / sidelights in the lower bumper...

Can anyone shed any light on this?

• I think I got your point. I"ll have a look at coding lists.
    Maybe it would be nice to get a glimpse of JCW stock coding lists...

• I think I got your point. I"ll have a look at coding lists.
    Maybe it would be nice to get a glimpse of JCW stock coding lists...

Thanks!!!

I know the cars systems are in German, hence why I thought I would post on here!!!

Basically I want the DRL in the headlight to come on when the headlight switch is moved to the sidelights position.

• I think I've found the relevant settings.

Please let us know which setting is the right one.

• Thanks,

I will get my friend to try it as I don't understand coding!!!

Are those settings to get the DRLS to operate as sidelights?? :love:

• Yes, I think so. It will switch from position lights to the LED ring.

Awesome!!!

Do you know what changes are required for the following??

1) Delete fog lights from the car

2) Rear lights to be on with DRLS (when the headlight switch is set to 'off')

• For #2.:

For #1 I'll have to look again...

• For #2.:

For #1 I'll have to look again...

Thanks!!!

On another forum I'd seen that this:

Zitat

In ESYS, change these two values:

BDC_BODY --> 3062 --> MAPPING_TAGFAHRL_1_H_L_OUTPUT --> sl-l
    BDC_BODY --> 3062 --> MAPPING_TAGFAHRL_1_H_R_OUTPUT --> sl-r

Is meant to be for the rear lights to be on at the same time as the DRLS - it seems different to what you posted?

Do you think their info is wrong?